Friday, September 11, 2026

25 Years. I Will Never Forget

It has been 25 years, and I can still remember who called me and woke me up and what I had on.   I can still feel the total devastation I felt as I watched live TV of the worst event that had happened in my lifetime.  I can still remember my scream as I watched the first tower collapse.  I cried ugly tears watching the people jumping from the burning buildings.   To this day I cry when I see pictures of that day.  I know that my parents and grandparents felt this same way December 7, 1941.  I know that they mourned each December 7th afterwards.   The only difference was that they did not see the Pearl Harbor attack in real time.  That horrific time and our generations terror attack brought about an unprecedented rise in patriotism with the country being unified against a singular enemy.  There were only 19 men who identified as Muslim and associated with al-Qaeda that nearly brought our country to its knees.  We rebounded and for a time we all loved our country.  Currently we have moved so far to the left that I have trouble having hope for America.   We have elected 255 Muslim officials across 26 states. This would have been unheard of 15 years ago.   We cannot question someone about their religious beliefs, nor would they be honest if they are radicalized. I honestly believe that mainstream Muslim are decent individuals who have basic core beliefs of most Americans and want to live, work and worship in peace.    As Americans we have a responsibility to monitor ALL elected officials, not just the Muslim ones.  We have a responsibility to monitor those we elect to ensure that they are doing what they promised to do.  We have a responsibility to make sure that they are morally and ethically sound.  If they are not, then next election cycle we need to fire them and get someone else.  We need to be aware of the laws that our representatives want passed and what the long-term effects are going to be.  We cannot afford to assume that they know what is best for us.  We HAVE to be proactive.  

I am a Christian and as such, believe in the Bible. I recognize that we are in the end times foretold by the Old Testament prophets into what is written in the New Testament thru Revelation.  I believe that we are on a steady trajectory that will (hopefully) have my generation see the coming of our Lord. I know, however, that many more horrific events will occur before the time of His coming.  I know that we have to stay steadfast in the word and reveal and rebuke evil in all forms.  As the time grows short Christians will be laughed at, ridiculed, and possibly even killed for our beliefs.  That has been foretold in the Bible. We are mandated to forgive and show love.  We are not to except evil actions that go against that ideal.   We are in perilous times that test us each day.  We must stay grounded in the Word and continue to pray for ourselves and others to remain strong.  

On this 25th anniversary of   9/11 I will remember and reflect on that time and continue to pray for the affected families of those murdered.  I will pray that God will keep me alert to the times in order to be vigilant against the slow creeping acceptance of evil actions.  I will pray that God will give me courage to speak out against evil and give me the right words to impact others in a positive manner.  

In closing I will only say.   " Even so, come Lord Jesus"  Rev 22:20

No comments: