Friday, August 6, 2021

Video Door Bells, My New Job, and My Lazy Butt and Keeping My House Clean

 This blog was started in August 2020 and I somehow sent it to drafts.  I  have added an addendum.  

I have a video door bell.  I LOVE it and every night when I go to bed I look through the clips from the day. When I first got it I was viewing the clips and saw a strange person leaving my house.   It was a rather large-ish person, appeared to be a woman with short hair.  I played it back about 3 times when I finally recognized the purse.  I was pretty fixated on the large butt to be honest and when I realized it was me I was horrified in a rubberneck-looking-at-an-accident type of way.  I couldn't stop viewing the clips of me coming and going.  Every night those are the first clips I go to. I walk funny, I have "hangy" down things from the backs of both arms.  My voice, dear God, my VOICE is not what I imagined to the point that I try not to talk while walking in the house.  If I am gone for the day I leave with a "sort of" spring to my step and return dragging and shuffling.  Carrying out the garbage clips are good for a laugh and the one with the flying roach should be on Americas funniest videos. It is a way that I can judge my posture from day to day and view any weight loss(which hasn't happened).  It really is sort of sad watching me carrying in my groceries or the dog food that I get delivered from Pet Co. I struggle.  A lot.  I'm getting old.  I don't understand how my 29 year old self got to look like this but it happened and I have the video clips to prove it. When I fix my real hair my mirror is forgiving and I think it looks nice.  Then that thought gets sideswiped by the video door bell.  I am so glad that I  usually wear wigs.  

I started working  in a  doctor's office last week.  I love it.  I have a job with measurable outcomes and get to spend time with some really great patients. I look forward to work days.  The office is proactive in keeping their staff safe and that is a plus.  I have my own little room with a wall to wall window and a bathroom.  I really wish that I could retire but I have not been wise with my finances and pray to God that I can work at least 3 more years.  I am happy in this place so life is good.  

School is partially in session and due to return to full time next week so I still have Becky's three.  I will miss them but do not miss trying to teach them.  It causes a conflict from the  nice easy going Mimi  to the teacher Mimi that I am not sure I even like.  This last weekend I had Joshua's two and we had a cousin play day at Chico State Park outside of  Ville Platte, La. They spent the morning on the splash pad and it was a welcome relief from the heat.  Aries and Allison had taken over my room and made two different tents.  Allison's tent was pink tones and one great room.  Aries's tent had a front room, weapons room, a place for his army to stay and a place to eat.  Aries has a great imagination.  I am a very very lucky Mimi to be blessed with these five angels. 

When I am off I find it exceedingly difficult to muster up the energy necessary to clean my house.  My house is pretty big and I keep toying with the idea of selling and downsizing to something that I can put on Becky's farm.  But I am so happy when I come in my house.  It has changed so much from just 2 years ago that it is shocking and I love it.  The other plus is that I have extra rooms for guests.  I still have things that need to be done before I can even think about selling and for those improvements I have to work, I have never been much of a housekeeper.  I worked so that I could pay someone else to clean.  It is ridiculous that I cannot keep my house in order.  I got hooked on a few "reality" shows and I end up "resting" in front of the TV to catch up with other peoples lives.  I have set myself up a schedule with a "reward" system.  I have jobs listed that need to be done, a time frame to do them and finally my reward of butt-to-couch time. 

Catch up time.  I didn't realize that I had not finished this post from last August 2020.  So to catch up: Josh has been staying with me during covid and to help around the house.  This has solved the problem of the home work schedule that I started and finished in one week.  Joshua is great at cleaning.  He just doesn't do dishes. An added plus is that he is able to do the things that I was going to have to hire out like ridding my ceilings of that hateful popcorn crap that they used to spray on.    I still hate to look at myself on the video door bell but not much I can do about that! My self improvement continues.  I have another job in a hospital that I love.  The staff is fun and have put themselves out to help me get accustomed to a new field of nursing, I have a great boss and the work is consistent.  I am struggling with the physicality and it makes me realize that I am aging.  I will be having weight loss surgery if all goes well this September and that is going to help tremendously.  Now I have to work to pay for the plastic surgery that will need to be done.  Or not.  I think that I will just duck tape the excess skin up and out of the way.  In the past year Covid has run thru our family like crap through a goose.  Now we are looking at a new mutation the Delta. I am no longer home schooling the grands and that is a fabulous blessing.  They deserved better.  I am a much nicer Mimi-grandma than teacher-Mimi. I am closing now  I need a nap or to catch up with the alternate reality on TV. 

No comments: