Sunday, May 19, 2013

Winston Charles Garrard May 13, 2013

I am a tad bit  slow in posting and I blame it on facebook.  Every time I burp it manages to make it's way to my FB update. It is a bigger effort to post a blog but actually more satisfying for me because I do love to write.  I will endeavor to post more and FB less.  I was 60 years old and did not have a grandchild to my name.  I am now 61 and before I am 62 will have 3 in my family.  Allison River was born August 1, 2012 and is such a sweet little baby.  She has a sunny disposition and is such a blessing.   Rebekah announced last October that she was pregnant when she took us all out for her birthday.  I was stunned.  She was nearly 3 months at that time.  She continued to work up until it was time for her to deliver.  She went a week over from her estimated due date of 5/7 and had Winston naturally at Lafayette General Medical Center.  He weighed 8 pounds and 11 ounces and was 20 inches long.  Benny and Frances Garrard, Stan and I, and Meagan Arceneaux kept a vigil with her until she got ready to deliver and then she wanted Shane to be the only one in attendance.  Well Shane and about 5 LGMC staff members and Dr. Bourque but still it was private.  He came out crying and as Frances and I stood outside the door it hit me that this little boy will be the continuation of the Garrard name.  He is a genetic compilation of some really great stuff from both sides of the family and I can't wait to see him grow.  So now for this blog a week after he was born he is doing well, nursing  "constantly" has pooped as needed, he is the apple of his parents eyes and likes the light on when he sleeps.  He lost 10 ozs after he left the hospital and on his first check he gained an ounce back.. Becky says that at this next check if he hasn't gained two pounds she will be surprised.  So welcome Winston to our family.  You are so very, very loved.

No comments: