Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy 36th Joshua Edward Hart

I am just amazed that my "baby" boy has a baby.  I guess it is time I stop referring to  this wonderful man as my baby.  I posted several pictures of Allison on face book and one response was from Georgia Satterfield Shimkus.  Georgia commented that she bet that Joshua didn't remember her.  Probably not but I do and can tell so many stories that Georgia took part in.  She was his other mom when I lived in Pensacola and my favorite story will be told here in honor of Joshua's birthday. We took Joshua to a department store and he was running around like crazy.  He was fascinated by the mannequins and kept trying to talk to them.  He was about 2 and kept saying "yaydee, yaydee,  (lady)hellooooo   yaydee.  When he couldn't get the "yaydee's" attention he reached up  causing the "yaydee" to lose an arm and knocked over pieces ruining the display.  He then ran through all the  racks until finally a floor manager came up just as I caught up with him and had him in my arms.  Georgia and I were standing there and the man told us to get control of Josh or basically leave.  I thrust Joshua into Georgia's surprised arms and told her that she needed to get him under control and I walked away.  I can still see her face.  I laughed all the way out.  Oh Joshua you were my heart and joy as a child.  I was in amazement at every milestone.  You talked in sentences before you were one, you walked at 9months, you were full of hugs and kisses all day long.  You have grown into a complicated, dedicated man of who I am so very proud.  You have kept your loving heart and deep feelings.  I see you with Allison and know that you are such a wonderful father for her.  Who better to teach her about love than the man who as a child told me that he loved me more than all of the zebras, and grass, and stars in the world. A child who can love that MUCH  as a man can teach his daughter all about the vastness of love.   Every day in every way I love you so much and I am so proud of the man that you have become.  Happy happy birthday my dear son.  I love you more than all the stars in the sky!!!

Love, mama

No comments: