Friday, May 13, 2022

Winston's birthday, Covid, Underwear explosion, Procrastination, and My Mom.

 I have never missed one of my grands birthday's.  Their birthdays count as very important days for me.  This year I will miss Winston's party because I have Covid.  My last blog I wrote about my granddaughter's friend who spent the night and then became ill with a high fever.  I was sure that it was the flu.  Wrong.  It was covid.  I missed Mother's Day because I was exposed to what ever she had.  Monday I started getting a cold.  On Wednesday I tested positive for Covid.  It really has not been bad.  I just have the mother of all colds.  I also am being treated with Ivermectin and Zithromax.   I can go back to work this next Monday but I will miss my grandson's birthday.  As I age certain days are not to be missed because it may be the last one.  That's pretty morbid thinking but it's true.  He will be having a party minus his Mimi, Uncle Josh and his cousins.  That pretty much sucks but we have all been exposed.  After his party his mom is bringing him by to get his gifts.  I will be a safe distance away while I watch him open his presents.  

I have missed 2 days of work.  What is sad is that I have worked feeling worse than I do now but such is the situation we all find ourselves in.  I will be back on Monday.  I have been home for nearly a week now and other than taking care of my garden have done nothing.  I got up today and decided that I would dig thru my room and get it in order.  I have a lot of stuff.  I have  30+ panties.  THIRTY.  I could wear a pair of day and not have to wash but once a month.  I have over 20 bras and spanx type garments.  The problem is I don't wear bras or anything remotely similar to a girdle.  The last time I spent longer than 4 hours in a spanx was at my daughter's wedding in 2008 and it took 3 people to get me into the damn thing.  Stan used to tell me to wear something to control  the bulges.  He was rude.  Well he was right but still rude.  I haven't worn a bra consistently since 2003 when I had my mastectomies.  Now I only wear a bra with sweaters to control the side fat.  You have to question why I have all those unworn undergarments and I don't have a good answer.  You certainly cannot give them away there is a yuck factor involved with that idea.  I have thrown away all except 2.  I feel better but hate the waste.  As for the Spanx items I am keeping one.  Just in case.  The rest I want to burn.  I hung up all the clothes I had on chairs and exercise equipment.   I have organized my shoes.  I then got sidetracked by my desk of pictures so I decided to take a break and blog for a while.  If I did 30 minutes a day to put things away and to keep up I would be so much better off.  I have a short attention span.  I have made lists and promised myself rewards for sticking to my daily goals and it doesn't work.  I procrastinate till the last minute.  It really does make my life harder and that is one of the things I am working on in therapy.   There are so many other things I would rather do than clean and organize. 

Mom left us 20 years ago yesterday, and I miss her still.  My sister and I share her collection of English Bone China cups and last night I got out a cup, drank some tea and thought about her.  She was one in a million and would have loved her great grandchildren.  At certain times I will see a fleeting expression or a look from my children and grandchildren that reminds me of her.  She is alive in her heirs.  I am grateful.

No comments: