Saturday, February 14, 2009

At a Loss For Words

To those of you who know me the title of this blog would never describe me. In the past few weeks I have been watching in morbid fascination what is happening to our country. The news now is like coming up on a train wreck, horrible to see, but you can't take your eyes away. I keep thinking I need to watch reruns to get myself in mind numbing state of unawareness. First of all I liked Bush, a lot. I believe he kept us safe. Even then, I was not happy with Bush with the first bailout and let my representatives know that, which as responsible voting Americans we are supposed to do. Now, Obama has forced thru a 'stimulus package' that will keep our country in debt for generations. I have a huge problem with being force fed anything and 1000 + page tome explaining where our money is going that was delivered just days before the vote was to take place smacks of being force fed a pile of crap. I quote my mom a lot in my blog but something she used to say is fitting here. Don't sign anything that you have not read. This makes sense in every situation and anyone who insists that you sign ANYTHING before you have had a chance to read it is selling you a bill of goods. We are living in scary times and our charismatic president is not helping. He is fanning the flames of fear and forcing this stimulation package down our throats before anyone has had the opportunity to read it. It could be the best thing since sliced bread but NO ONE should have signed it without a full disclosure and without Americans being able to have their say thru their elected representatives. I sent off the obvious e-mails to my "people' and told them I would be unhappy if they signed or words to that effect. I strongly feel that this is going to be one of the worst things that has happened to our country and if it turns out that I am wrong then you will read it here first.... I will give a big 'my bad'... eat crow and all that. Time will tell.

No comments: