Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hi-Ho Hi-Ho, It's To the Gym I Go

I discovered a profound truth recently and I wish to impart this knowledge to all my blogging friends. It doesn't matter how many gyms you have joined you must go to them and use the machines for anything to happen to your body. I have been a member of some of the best gyms in my town and towns nearby. I have belonged to at least 2 gyms at the same time and have yet to lose more than 20 pounds. 3 weeks ago I decided that I needed a NEW gym because I was still fat. I scouted around and looked at a new gym that was open 24 hours. The problem with this new gym is that it is not staffed during the time that I would be there. I questioned the owner stating that I was of a certain age that cardiac problems have been known to occur...and what would happen if I had a heart attack while on the treadmill. There is a slim to none chance that would happen because I would probably need to be exercising vigorously and not just watching the TV. He happily stated that they have an AED( and AED is an Automated External Defibrillator.. a device that is used to provide a hands free cardiac emergency evaluation and subsequent electric shock if needed) . I said (somewhat incredulously) you want me to use it on my own self? I don't think this boy took the AED classes to heart. At any rate that is way to risky to me so I returned to my own standby gym that I pass on the way home and announced that I needed to lose 100 pounds in the next month but I would be happy with 20. Rayleen smiled and raised her eyebrows(bless her heart she didn't fall down laughing)Bronson the owner said you can do it!!!! That's the kind of positive attitude that I needed. This gym is the best. They have nice people, good equipment and it is staffed with people who can work an AED.... better still they are the kind of people who know that you can't use the AED on one's own self. Big plus is that they have the best protein shakes to be consumed after you have worked out vigorously.... I haven't had a protein shake yet. I went 3 days then got sick. I will go back on Monday. I really feel better after about 40 min on the treadmill at 3 miles an hour and then on to the elliptical. When I get above 5 minutes on the elliptical I may treat myself to a protein shake!! I will keep you posted on my return to good health via diet and exercise.

3 comments:

simply handmaid said...

sometimes I wonder if you realize how great it makes others feel to read you. You always make me laugh, not matter how down I am. Thank you so much. I am also on a quest to continue to lose weight . I seem to have reached a plateau even though I am practicing the same principles in my eating. I will be joining mcleod trahan with my daughter, aimee, Hoping she can encourage me to work out with her. hugs,

Yvette Burleigh said...

Amen to what Marty said! Right before Ashley began dancing, I had visited and called places to find out how much it would cost us to join some sort of gym. Needless to say, Elite won the financial battle! LOL! Ashley gets her dream and I stay fat! LOL! I'm so proud of you for not giving up and persevering. It's hard. Believe me I know. I wish you the best with your continued success along with lots of prayers. Love your blogs! Keep em' coming!

Bronson said...

Thank you for sincere and kinds word Mrs. Debbie. Having customers make my job worth it. Sure Fit has more than just a business, its become a family for me.