Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Rev. Hans Klee, Hoge Church, Ina Lee and the War on Christianity

When I get the urge to write something personal it usually comes to me in the night in dreams.  I had a dream about an incident that involved my mom. I woke up crying remembering the situation and felt that I needed to put this down for my family history and how Christianity came under attack in my family over 40 years ago.  I wanted to discuss this with my sister Patti before I started this journey down a painful lane and was surprised when she told me that she had discussed the same incident with an acquaintance  I think she said a week before.  I was crying as I was talking with her and she provided me facts that I had forgotten and I was able to establish a timeline.  Follow with me as I provide a background to our church history. 

My earliest memory of a Minister was Rev Calvin Didier.  I still remember a sermon that he gave telling us that  death was like a "come as you are party".  In other words you are taken from this earth and the judgement begins you don't get a chance to change after you are gone.  I was probably about 8 years old and the words didn't scare me but they have stayed with me all these years.  After he left we were  lead by Rev. Gish for many years.  He was a godly man and a shepherd to our flock.  I remember his eyes.  They were so very kind.  He also rescued a group of our Seniors(me included) when we were detained by the sheriff department for a poorly planned band and Wesket initiation. During the time of his time a prayer group was formed.  We met once a week prayed, studied the bible, and witnessed miracles.  No one to this day can tell me that miracles do not happen.... they do I was there.  Our leaders were Bill and Mavis Hankey. Rev Gish came a few times but deferred to Bill in the teaching aspect as I remember. I was a born again Christian washed in the blood of my Savior, and was blessed that this group was part of our church and could feed this fledgling baby. Mom and I were always there.  Mavis gave a prophecy at one meeting stating that the tine would come when we would be scattered in all directions.

My mom was the secretary of the church starting during Rev. Didier's time and was a fixture.  I spent many many many days after school at the church.  When a new minister is needed they sent out a  group of people to visit other churches( now this part is sketchy so bear with me if I am not stating completely accurate facts as to the choosing) If they like the pastor he is invited back to speak to our church and he is voted by the congregation.  They found a Pastor and he was interested and came to speak to our church,  I remember that I cried because this was a born again christian.  His sermon  only needed an altar call. As I recall he was voted in but turned down the position after a night of prayer with his wife. God didn't want him there. Mom said that he felt the church was dying(  and that is not a quote but when she told me she cried)  We were devastated.  The next selection was a man named Rev. Hans Klee(pronounced clay) His first sermon he held up a voodoo/African type  mask that was frightening to see.  He said it would hang outside his office to "ward off evil spirits" I exited the church prior to the end of his sermon.  I don't remember how long he was there before he started coming to our prayer group and basically took over.  We submitted to his authority and he eventually stopped coming and things resumed.   I had no idea this prayer group was such a thorn in his side.  I was a deacon in the church and occasional taught Sunday school for the babies. 

One night he and several men from church came to my home to talk with my mom.  He did all the talking.  He informed my mom that he was aware of every penny she had and what she needed to survive and that she had a decision to make.  She would stop associating with the prayer group or be fired.  I remember seeing one of the men look at another with a questioning look I think he was surprised at that statement but I will never know.   I wanted to shout at them.  She has been your friend.  She has helped you, loved you all for years and this is what is allowed.  He looked at me and put his filthy evil  hands on my shoulder and said to me "we have no problem with you at all you can continue to teach and be a deacon" My response was "you have insulted me.  The Jesus that you see in my mom and hate you should be able to see in me.  I need to return to prayer for an infilling of the spirit"  I told them they had to leave and that BASTARD leaned down and told my mom if you contact any of your "friends" I will know even on your home phone and I WILL fire you".  Then they left. I shut the door and found my mom sitting on the steps leading to our upstairs with her hands covering her face shaking.  I had never seen my mom like that.  My first thought was to call Mavis that we needed prayer.  Mom  was shaking and yelled "NO NO NO he will find out he will know" My next memory from that night was several people from the prayer group showed up...don't know who called them or how they knew but they prayed with her and provided her with courage and I felt God that night  cover my house with his peace and love.  My brave courageous Mom without a job in sight told that evil man that she had no intention to quit the prayer group.  What my sister Patti reminded me was that he was unable to fire her that it had to be done by the Elders of the church and they refused.  Mom miraculously  found another job that was excellent for her.  God delivered her from evil and gave her such a gift that paid better with great benefits!!

My mom was a testimony to God's love and grace and when I walked away for a time she prayed me through. She prayed my son through a very difficult time and called him at the time that it was life and death for him.   She adored her family and spent time on her knees for all of us.She would be very upset at the anger I feel as I am writing about that evil man.  My sister found out he passed on some time ago.  I honestly hope that he found Jesus before he died.  I am sitting here crying as I am writing and I am experiencing a lifting of the heaviness on my heart. 

The last thing I want to to say is yes there is a war going on, for our families, our hearts, our identities and our souls.  We cannot allow this to happen.  This is not political about the qualifications of our President.  It's closer to home.  It's the indoctrination of our children.  The fact that we cannot come against things that we do not believe because the liberal leaning population attack like rabid dogs. I could go on for pages and will at a later date. 

I love you mom and miss you every day.  You have come to me in my times of need in the twilight of my nights and apparently during the surgery.  You always leave me with peace but I would give just about anything to hug you again.  I loved you so much

No comments: