Monday, August 10, 2020

The Spring and Summer of 2020 and I want a do over. I am who I am so get over it

I have been struggling to write for the past few months.  There is so much going on in our personal lives and in the country that it is mind boggling to even begin to sit down and compose coherent sentences.  Every day brings something new that has me shaking my head at the idiocy of our fellow Americans and leaves me wondering when it will stop.  When will the FEW stop being able to dictate to the majority. 

We are still semi quarantined due to CV19.  Masks are good, masks are bad.  Groups are bad UNLESS you are taking part in a demonstration.  Proms were called off, graduations changed, and church participation had to be limited.  Our families were buried without gathering, weddings were changed or called off because of state ordered limits to attendance.  We couldn't get our hair done, our mani-pedi appointments had to be cancelled until the last month and our eyelash extensions had to be delayed.  I realize the last examples are strictly vanity items but I am telling you  women were so pissed off that they were getting boot leg beauty treatments.  Our states were closing down businesses that they deemed as non essential and causing devastating losses.   Some may never recover. 

 It is difficult not to believe that especially in the democratically controlled states that this is designed to  keep the job loss at a maximum especially before this very important presidential election. The Russia Collusion effort failed and has proven to be a manufactured event to unseat our President, the impeachment trial was a bust as well, then Covid 19, a real manufactured virus from China hit our shores mid January.  The White House put up travel restrictions the end of the month for those from China unless Americans and then they had to quarantine. Around the same time Nancy Pelosi, (D-Ca) was encouraging people to attend the Chinese New Year Celebrations. The mayor of New Orleans made the statement that if told to do so she would have canceled Mardi Gras on Feb 25.  Easy to say in hindsight and I would bet good money that had Trump called her and told her to cancel the events and parades Mayor Cantrell would have told him to kiss her butt. Mardi Gras brings in around 1 BILLION dollars.  The first CV19 illness took place 2 weeks after that.  Unless she lives under a rock and never watches the news there is no reason that she could not have reasoned out that there is a virus out there in the world that has come to the United States late January and that having over a million people descend on her town from all over the world wasn't a good idea.  She didn't want to take the heat for the economic liability and wanted someone to blame.

Corona is here to stay.  I have lost friends to the virus.  I know its real and deadly but I also know that we have to go back to work and save our economy.  We have to use common sense and protection but we need to work.  They promise a vaccine  on the horizon but I for one will not take it.  At least for  a year or so.  I want to see the long range outcomes. Like the flu vaccine it will not prevent it but will lesson the course.   The President came out touting hydroxychloroquine as a treatment.  He was shot down faster than a mallard during duck season.  It is not a cure but in many cases elevates the symptoms combined with a cocktail of  Zithromax, Vit C, D and Zinc.  The 'experts' came out of the woodwork poopooing all the claims.  As Leonard Ravenhill wrote "A man with an experience (of God) is never at the mercy of a man with an argument. I know many doctors (thank God) that state that it works and are giving it to their clients with consistently positive results. I have read multiple papers that discuss the positive outcome for Corona viruses and SARS using hydroxychloroquine.   Thank you President Trump for bringing our attention to this medication it IS saving lives.  Different states are in different levels of 'opening up' Schools are slowly reopening with modifications. Is there going to be an increase of the virus? Yes but they still need to go back.  Children need interaction with their peers.  And after months of homeschooling believe me they need their teachers.  

May 25 George Floyd  was killed during an arrest in Minneapolis.  There is no one white or black that wasn't horrified  by the circumstances. Yes he was a criminal under the influence BUT he did not deserve to die.   It touched off violent protests in major cities that have caused millions and millions in property damage and loss of businesses.  BLM and ANTIFA were out in force and looting was at an all high.  I saw a meme that summed it up. It showed people carrying out TVs and Shoes from a store all the while with smiles on their faces.... the meme said nothing expresses grief like a large screen TV and Nikes. I know that some protests were peaceful but they were hijacked by criminals.  The message was lost while the nation watched in horror at the destruction that continues today.  I personally want it stopped by ANY means.  Looters, any color or nationality, should be shot on sight. That would put an end to wanton destruction.  Portland is still having riots and property destruction.  In Seattle the beginning the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone was founded by a loosely organized group of protestors with the main vision of defunding and removing the police.  It was to be a police free  utopia that was shut down because of violence.  In less than a month they had 2 gun related homicides and several more additional shooting.  All across the country are calls for defunding the police.  I am stocking up on guns and ammo.  Just in case. Just for the record I support our men in BLUE. 

The posts on Face Book encourage me to believe that I am racist because I believe that all lives matter. I do not value a black life over a white, brown or yellow life,  I was taught by example by my mother that color of skin is not how you judge a person. You judge them by what is inside of their hearts and their outward actions .In a later post I will write about my 7th birthday and the lesson in race that my mom taught me.    I owe NO  financial  reparations  for something that happened to no one that is currently alive.  Further more I had no one in my family that owned slaves. I understand the concept of white privilege, I really do. In elementary school we read the book "Black Like Me" by John Howard Griffin. It opened my eyes to the South but I lived in the North and apparently was clueless.   I grew up poor in Columbus.  We had enough food and a roof over our heads.  Some of my black friends in high school were better off but I never was envious.....that is just how it was.  I lost an advancement at Ohio State to a friend of mine.  Our grade points were equal but he was black. He told me that was the reason.   I really think that was the first time I realized that we were being judged by the color of our skin and it honestly bothered me, not because I thought I was better but that 'someone' chose him because of his skin color . Now I realize some of the difficulties he must have faced because of his skin color.   I however, took my licks and changed my focus.  We were still friends and I honestly was glad for him.  Moving on to today we have tee-shirts, hats, and posters that proclaim Black Lives Matter.   The movement started in 2013 after the death of Trevon Martin. It was basically a decentralized organization that has gained ground in recent years.  Currently 100 million has been pledged to the group in addition to the 33 Million in grants from George Soros.  Many are now questioning what is being done with the money to help the black community.  There have been no definite answers.  One of the co founders Patrisse Cullors is a Marxist who mentored under Eric Mann(SDS & Weather  Underground  domestic  terror organization).  In a video she proclaims that she and other co founder Alicia Garza are trained Marxists.   I have no illusions about this organization at all and will not give a dime of my money for their support.  What is hysterical is that Planned Parenthood is verbally s supporting BLM.  Its about time that they supported and got behind the black population considering the  Planned parenthood founder Margaret Sanger's belief that they needed to control the black population.  It was founded to kill those in society deem unfit to live not just blacks.  

Moving on to ANTIFA( short for antifascist)who often use violence to get their point across. When ever they attend a protest, violence will happen.  Allegedly they are against the far right ideology and frequently quote what happened in Germany during Hitler's time as something they need to prevent..... by using the same tactics and violence that Hitler's followers did.  Doesn't make sense to me.  They are ideologically against and have physically  come out against conservative speakers thus preventing free speech.  Sounds like fascism  to me.  Cancel culture refers to "the popular practice of withdrawing support for {canceling} public figures and companies after they have done or said something considered objectionable or offensive", Who makes that decision? Who has the right to choose what I want to hear or believe and cancel out those things  they deem inappropriate... who is the 'whoever' that wants to make those decisions for me. If you don't go along you are labeled a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, sexist and misogynist to name a few of the tags.  Man, no one wants to be called one of those names.... people look at you funny.  It doesn't matter if it's not true, the act of calling a person that leaves a stain.  I am frankly so very glad that I have reached an age that I don't give a shit.  The people that know me know what I believe and stand for in my life. But this tactic cows even the strongest persons.  I have watched it time and time again.   The few control the majority by violence in action and in speech  During this summer of violence  we have seen statues toppled buildings defaced and police murdered.  I remember one time I told one of my relatives that Obama was starting a war on police. I was told that there was no war on police.  I was right and that is one discussion I wish I hadn't won.

Any person in history that had ANYTHING to do with slaves is condemned.   Names of buildings, schools and memorials have been  vandalized  with some notable exceptions.  New York is still New York and that city's namesake was a prolific slave trader, Yale is still Yale even though its namesake was a slave trader.  Harvard, Princeton \, Columbia, Yale and the University of Virginia were built on the backs of slaves.  Slaves served faculty and students and yet they still stand.     You cannot change or erase history to do so brings great peril.  It is what it was.  Because of the lessons learned throughout the  years we have struggled to become better people.  George Santayana said "Those that cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

The most common complaint I have heard during the shut down and quarantine is the inequality.  10,000 people attended George Floyd's funeral visitation that was open for six hours.  Everywhere else you could only gather in groups of 10 or less.. Mayor Lightfoot of Chicago closed down salons but got her hair done " because she is the face of the city ".  I really could be unkind here but I will resist.    It's okay to protest and riot but not go to church. I  could go on and on. People are pissed because of the mask  its "for our own good" but not everyone has to wear one.     The mask is here to stay at least for a long long while. It does have advantages like I can crinkle up my eyes like I am smiling but still stick my tongue out.  Juvenile right??  It still hasn't stopped me from practicing in front of a mirror.



I haven't even touched on the liberal socialization of our wonderful country but that is for another day.  I probably have offended many people by this post, tough.  Get a thicker skin. 

No comments: