Sunday, March 14, 2010

Personal update and Health Care Reform

I have a new computer. I am so excited! You don't realize how important a computer is until you don't have one. I have had a blast the last week playing, getting my mail, farming, face booking and doing the fun social stuff. This week is studio tax week. I have to buy a quick books program for my new computer so that I can use the saved files on the flash driver thingy. I only know this because my son-in-law told me I had to do that. I still remain, as I said in one of my first ever blogs, a technotard.
Earlier in the week I was laid up with a stomach virus. Man, I thought I was dying. I was alone because Stan was out of town, Becky was in Boston and I couldn't call Josh to help me because he had a dance competition this weekend. I wanted to go to the hospital for IV fluids and to have someone feel sorry for me. My option was to be one of those loonies I talk about who inappropriately use the ambulance and call for a ride. It lets you know how sick I was that I even considered that option. I have many friends I could have called but you don't take a chance of giving this shit to someone you like. I stayed home and obviously survived. Demi the dog stayed with me and I could see real sympathy in her eyes.

Becky just got back from Boston. She was there for a Burn Conference and while there got her teaching certificate for Advanced life support for burn patients. She said that she had a great time and that was really interested in the research seminars. She came home yesterday afternoon and immediately started studying. I am in awe of her self motivation and dedication. I don't think I was ever like that.

Josh took 5 girls to Baton Rouge for a dance convention. We don't really do the dance convention thing because it costs a lot of money for our parents and times are tough. He competed 2 numbers a trio and duo. He won with both. One was a Platinum first and the other was a third high gold. There were 7 ro 10 numbers entered in our division and three prizes awarded and we got the first and the third!! Our dancers did a wonderful job.

I am really going to try to blog about 3-4 times a week. I have just gotten bogged down with the amount of material the news affords me. What to choose?? The Honorable(and that term is used VERY loosely)Massa who "innocently" tickled one of his staffers. The more he talked the worse it got. Nope I will make one more statement about health care reform. Our ELECTED officials are not listening to us. I only hope that if this monstrous bill goes thru that come November the damage can be undone. I don't know why I feel like I have to keep saying this but listen up you jack asses in Washington: YOU. WORK. FOR. US. I really loathe Nancy Pelosi. She has her own agenda and has stated that we as John and Jane Q. Public don't really understand what we need and want. We are stupid and need guidance. Considering that we elected that last batch of Democrates and Republicans and Barrack, she may have a point. But you know what? WE WOKE UP. She is an arrogant leader who presumes too much. Nancy you need to listen to the pubic you serve. They don't want this bill. They want health care reform but not this over weighted piece of crap that you keep shoveling down our throat telling us its cake. I am amazed that there are people still breathing who actually do not pay attention to what is happening in our country. I feel sorry for you and wish you well. If we fail in taking back our rights you all better learn to speak Chinese

No comments: