Friday, September 26, 2008

Wedding Installment #2 - September 12 at 7pm. Party #2 in the Suite

Like I said earlier, the whole weekend was based around food..... what we ate previously, what we were currently eating and what we would eat in the next few hours. After the successful Bridesmaids and others luncheon we had the evening get together for all the guests at the hotel who were invited to the wedding. I think we had a good time. I was pretty much in a haze plus I had a swelling problem. I have been trying to think of a word to use.... if you have big ankles that are just calf extensions then we call the cankles. If your big ole ankles extend to your toes..... tankles???? Help me out here!!! At any rate I had HUGE feet probably from wine the night before at the rehearsal dinner plus a small glass of wine at the evening party. Oh I forgot my friend Ruthie made the must fabulous Sangria for the luncheon. I had a few glasses.... but in fairness the swelling started on Tuesday pre-wedding and just got worse. Thursday morning pre-parties my very thin Florida BFF tells me she thinks she is a little swollen so I give her a Lasix(we are both intelligent nurses just in case you are wondering) and I take 2 more lasix because I can't bend my toes. We set out to pick up the bridal pictures and drop them off at the florist. It dawned on us that we might have overdone it and dropped our blood pressure because she couldn't keep her eyes open and I was slightly tunnel visioned and dizzy when I stood up. Ah well, it still didn't help me as I continued to swell. Stan and I had the evening party catered by Twissted Sisters. They did a marvelous job and I would highly recomend them to anyone, anytime. I didn't have to do a thing, I mostly sat around with my feet up and just looked at all the wonderful people who blessed my daughter by coming to celebrate her wedding. I was surrounded by my sisters and their families and friends (like sisters) who have been so important to my daughters life, my Florida in-laws and their families.... life just doesn't get any better except that tomorrow we are eating WEDDING CAKE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Tankles" sound good to me. The wedding, events, people & food will go down in my memory book as one of the best.

Love,
Mindy