Sunday, April 11, 2010

UGGGGGHHHH..

Okay this is going to be a short blog and unfortunately will not be read by the people that need to read it. The reason for this is that I believe that most of the people that read my blog(that I know of) are reasonably intelligent. DO NOT COME TO THE ER FOR SOMETHING MINOR WITHOUT TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST. I got accused of having an ATTITUDE( me can you believe that!!!???!!!) because I questioned a woman who complained of a sore throat for 7 days with 10 out of 10 pain(1 is no pain and 10 is the worst pain you have ever had) I asked her what she had taken for the pain. She told me nothing. I looked at her and said "for the past 7 days you have had the worst pain in your life and you have not taken even a Tylenol?"
Her: It don't work.
Me: It's important to try to relieve your discomfort at home first"
Her: Well you know what, I don't like your at-ti-tude. I come here to get something for my pain not get a lecture from you.
Me: I am sorry for what you have perceived as my poor attitude but I would not be doing my job if I didn't try to help you understand that you need to help yourself when you are hurting"
Her: I want another nurse. I don't need you to tell me what to do".

As it turned out she had a cavity. Her throat was fine. Also to the other 'gem' of the night you can try to fake the shakes but remember that the door has a window and we can see you when we walk by. When the only time you shake and quake is when your family or our staff come in then you are a very poor actress.... just like the last 4 times you have come in to see us. It works on your family each time but we had your number the second time you came in.

No comments: