Sunday, August 14, 2011

Part 5: August 5, 2011, The Wedding



I set out on a narrow way many year ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms

This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true
Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms

This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you


(Rascal Flatts)




It was late, about 9pm or so and the photographer was concerned because the light was gone and the pictures would be iffy. The bride had just arrived to get dressed to the relief of my son who twice requested me to text my daughter to find out what the hold up was. When I expressed my concern to Sydni, she looked at me and said that the pictures that needed to turn out would and that this was all about memories. She was serene and she was correct. I still was in panic mode as was my sister. Then Pam Hart started singing "The Broken Road" and Syd and her dad made their way thru the aisle of lumanaria walking towards her future with my son. She was simply radiant and my son's eyes were locked on her in such a way that my heart filled with joy.

After Kurt handed her to Josh they walked to Chelsea's stone and both gently touched the top, bringing the past to the present. I found tears rolling down my face and I am sure that I was not alone. The ceremony was lovely and it was uniquely their own. They read vows to each other. Pastor Ken, who earlier in the day had baptised them both in the Westfork, united them as man and wife.

I thought about my mom wishing that she could have lived long enough to see her youngest grandson get married. My thoughts turned to the others: Kenny, Tina, Chelsea, who along with my mother, his grandma "Lucky", would be well pleased.



No comments: