Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Samuel Evan..Our Miracle Baby and My Wedding Aniversary

April 19, 2009 is the birthday for the baby mentioned in two previous blogs. Samuel Evan, Amy's miracle baby, was born at 8:07pm. He is 7 pounds and 6 ounces and 21 and 1/2 inches long. Mom and baby are doing well. Congratulations to all concerned you have been and still are in all of our prayers.

I married Stan 29 years ago on this day. Wow. That really boggles the mind. My daughter asked me if I had any words of wisdom to impart. I am never shy at imparting any words, wise or not, as I feel the need but this stumped me. I have often asked that myself to others when I have come across someone who has been married a long time. One gentleman after 60 years told me that 'deafness' was his word of wisdom. He told me that you learn early on to be deaf to hurtful words or those said in anger because they aren't usually meant to be taken to heart. Actually that is pretty wise. There are few marriages that don't have spots that are hurtful but my advice is to remember the good times and be deaf to the bad. On departing one another always say "I love you" even if it is hard to do because if that is the last word your husband or your wife hears make it the words that count. Oh and one more thing. Never, ever admit to being awake if you fart in bed because no one can really hold it against you what you do in your sleep.

Happy birthday little Samuel and Happy Anniversary Stanley.

No comments: